Kathy Tuchman Glass is a former teacher who now consults and coaches nationally at schools and districts, presents at conferences, and conducts seminars for university and county programs. She tailors and delivers professional development in areas affecting curriculum and instruction, such as: unit and lesson design (including a backward design approach) aligned to content area standards, differentiated instruction, ELA Common Core Standards, text dependent questions, close reading, varied instructional strategies, curriculum mapping, six traits of writing, various other literacy topics, and more. To help educators directly translate what she teaches into effective classroom practice that impacts students, Kathy customizes each professional development situation to meet clients' needs (e.g., presentations, lesson demonstrations, coaching, collaborative unit design, etc.). She also is the author of several books shown below.
NATIONAL SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS and PROFESSIONAL NEWS
- Lycée Français de San Francisco (K-12) curriculum design for ELA teachers: August 26 and November 10-12, 2014; January 17, 2015
- Sanger Unified School District (K-12) unit design coaching sessions (Sanger, CA): September 15-17, October 20-22, and October 28-30, 2014
- Fresno County Office of Education (K-12) "Curriculum Design for Opinion/Argumentation" series (Fresno, CA): October 14-17, 2014 and January 12-13, 2015
- Mercer County Schools (K-5) "Hands-On Instructional Strategies for ELA Common Core Implementation" (Princeton, WV): November 8, 2014
- Learning Forward Annual Conference presenter "Argumentation: Characteristics, Assessments and Lesson Ideas" (Nashville, TN): December 8, 2014
- Shoreline Unified School District inservice for K-5 (Pt. Reyes Station, CA): January 9 and March 6, 2015
- Pawling Central School District (6-12) unit and lesson design presentatin and coaching (Pawling, NY): February 17-20; February 23. 2015
- ASCD Annual Conference presenter "Fostering and Assessing Student Understanding of Complex Text" (Houston, TX): March 22, 2015
- "How to Develop Students' Argumentative Writing Skills" webinar: April 21, 2015 at 1:00-3:00 EST; register here
- Sanger Unified School District (K-12) "Unit and Lesson Design" (Sanger, CA): June 16-19, 2015
- Mercer County Schools (K-8) "Hands-On Instructional Strategies for ELA Common Core Implementation" (Princeton, WV): June 23-26, 2015
- Pawling Central School District (6-12) Coaching for unit and lesson design (Pawling, NY): June 29 & 30. 2015
- International Literacy Assocation (ILA) Annual Conference presenter "Engaging Strategies and Assessments for Teaching Complex Text" (St. Louis, MO): July 18, 2015
- Independent study courses at University of San Diego:
- WestEd SchoolsMovingUp webinars:
- Join Kathy's "Differentiated Instruction" group from School Improvement Network's on-demand professional development site PD 360 by clicking here to join for free or log in.
- Differentiated lessons on research skills; e.g., choosing search terms, narrowing search for best results, evaluating credibility of sources, etc. Joint project between Kathy Glass and Google Inc.. Click here to access these comprehensive lessons.
Copyright ©2006, Kathy Glass Educational
Consulting. All Rights Reserved.